Bangladesh Why medical study in Bangladesh? Popular courses among Nepalese students: MBBS / BDS, MPH, Pharmacy & Engineering
Medical study in Bangladesh has been increasingly popular among the international students e-specially from south Asia due to world class clinical infrastructure and strong hands-on /practical exposure provided by the Bangladeshi medical colleges. The international reputation of Bangladesh medical Education is ever growing as Bangladeshi medical graduates are doing very well in their respective fields in various countries. Most of the medical colleges are enlisted by International Medical Education Directory (FAIMER) and recognized by WHO (World Directory of Medial Schools). Furthermore, the medical graduates from some of the reputed medical colleges are eligible for registration with the General Medicine Council of United Kingdom and United States Medical License Examinations (USMLE). Bangladesh Medical and Dental Council (BMDC) is the regulatory authority in Bangladesh to recognize the medical and dental colleges.
Advantages of studying medicine in Bangladesh “BE A DOCTOR WITH PRIDE”
1. If you wish to become a proud doctor with strong confidence at a low cost, Bangladesh may be the best choice for you to study Medicine. The government of Bangladesh has allocated around 30% seats in MBBS and BDS at each of the medial colleges for foreign students..
2. Since most of the renowned colleges, teaching hospitals are full of huge patient- flow, and equipped with advanced clinical set up, you will get very good practical exposure-this is most vital aspect of medical study.
3. The tuition fees can be paid in easy installments. So, you don’t need to worry about spending a huge sum money at one go unlike in some other countries.
4. The culture, food habit and language are not very dissimilar from that of our country Nepal.
5. People in Bangladesh, in general, are very welcoming and friendly so you may not feel to have been away from home.
6. The cost of living is not so expensive, which is why you can assume that life in Bangladesh is pocket-friendly!
7. If you highly talented than Bangladesh government welcomes you to study Medical free-of- cost, i.e. under Scholarship quota. SAARC student pay no tuition fee, only they have to pay for their personal expenses such as Food, Clothing etc.
8. Even if you are a mediocre and from a low-income family, we may assist you to get partial fee waiver from some of the privately funded medical colleges!
MBBS Course Duration: 5 +1=6 years Eligibility criteria as per DGHS:
Must have passed qualifying examinations (HSC/ 'A' level) or equivalent examination.
SSC/ 'O' or equivalent examination passed not more than 1 year before joining HSC.
HSC/ 'A' or equivalent examination passed not more than 1year before application process.
Minimum aggregate GPA in SSC or equivalent and HSC or equivalent: 8.00 (eight) for Govt College and 7.0 for Private colleges
Minimum GPA either in SSC or equivalent or in HSC or equivalent: 3.5
Minimum GP in biology: 3.5
For calculation of GPA against the marks obtained in SSC/ ‘O’ level or equivalent exam, only top 5 subjects are considered for calculation of GPA. Therefore, GPA in ‘O’ level = (total marks obtained in top five subjects)/5
For calculation of GPA against the marks obtained in HSC/ ‘A’ level or equivalent exam, only 3 subjects (Physics, Chemistry and Biology) are considered for calculation of GPA.
Qualifying Grade in each subject individually is 'C'. Therefore, GPA in ‘A’ level = (total marks obtained in three subjects)/3
MBBS Admission in Bangladesh Session starts every year in month of June-July. MBBS Seats should be booked well in advance!
For DGHS equivalence, you should apply at Embassy of Bangladesh in Kathmandu within the deadline, since Passport is necessary at the time of application submission, now is the time for you to start the process for your passport.
Admission process ends in the month of November-December.
1st Year MBBS and BDS class starts in the every year first week of January.
Our counsellors who have more than 12 years of advising medical aspirants for Bangladesh study will check and determine your eligibility to study in MBBS/BDS in Bangladesh and secure your seats at the colleges of your choice.